Professional space planners and organizers say the basic principles of good storage apply to every item in every room of the home. According to Good Housekeeping, here are the 5 Golden Rules of Convenient Storage.
- The most accessible prime storage is located in the space that is most easy for you to reach. Use the spaces above eye-level and below knee-level for infrequently used objects.
- Group like items together.
- Plan to store items at the point of first or last use. For example, put dinner plates near the table or dishwasher.
- Opt for adjustability, so items can be moved as your needs change.
- Use see-through storage boxed and labels liberally.