Ready to Move Guide
There’s a lot to consider before your move. Here are a few key questions to ask.
Before You Move
- Did you check in with the Better Business Bureau regarding your mover?
- Did you ask if the mover has a dispute settlement program?
- Do you have adequate protection coverage for your belongings?
- Will you be present to give instructions and ask questions?
- Did you remember to keep the Bill of Lading until your goods were delivered (and even after)?
- Did you give the driver directions to your new home?
- Will you be present when your belongings are delivered?
- Will you supervise the unloading and unpacking of your goods?
Be sure to download the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Ready to Move guide. It contains a handy moving checklist and more important moving information.
And don’t worry—if you still have questions or concerns, you can always contact us directly.