While schools are probably based on the location of your new home, daycare is not. Here are some tips for finding a daycare in your new community.
- Start early. As soon as you know you’re relocating, begin looking. Finding the right child care option can take some time.
- Use available resources. Visit the Web and do a preliminary search of available options. Contact local experts or ask people you may know in the area for a referral.
- Ask questions. What are the licensing requirements in my area?
How can I get information about complaints and violations?
- Visit the facility. Make sure you visit the child care options you are considering. Find out about these key indicators of quality: adult-to-child ration; group size; caregiver qualifications; staff turnover; and accreditation.
- Stay involved. After you make a decision and your child begins attending the new daycare, stay connected and active in your child’s experience.