People all across the U.S. have fought the winter weather with heavy coats, boots, gloves and scarves — all of which can clutter up closets and entryways. Fight the mess by following these tidy-up tips:
- Straighten up the coat closet or hat tree once a week. Put coats that have fallen back on its hanger and move items that are no longer used to a seasonal storage space.
- Organize shoes and boots so they’re paired up and easily accessible when needed.
- Keep mates together by clothes pinning gloves and mittens. Keep extras nearby for guests to use.
- Hang scarves so they can air out and be accessible when needed.
- Assign a bin to each member of the family in which to keep their hats and other winter-weather gear.