In addition to typical small, medium and large boxes, Wheaton agents also offer a variety of materials for purchase should you choose to pack yourself. A little time, thought and investing in quality materials can make a big difference when it comes to protecting your belongings.
- Dishpack – contains internal dividers designed to accommodate fragile items such as dishware and glassware.
- Wardrobe – allows clothes to hang on a metal bar.
- Mattress – protects mattresses from damage and soiling.
Mirror – designed to adjust to different sized mirrors, pictures and other fragile, flat items.
- Newsprint – provides a clean, protective surface for almost all your wrapping needs because it does not contain ink like newspaper, which can soil or damage your belongings.
- Bubble pack – offers greater cushioning and protection for extra fragile items.
- Choose a high-quality 1 ½” to 2” wide tape.
- For added protection, plastic PVC-type tape or strapping tape with filament strands are the best options.
- Securely closes containers for shipping.
- Select a heavy permanent marker.
- List the main items in each container.
- Indicate which rooms cartons are to be placed in upon arrival.
- Add notes, such as “FRAGILE” or “THIS END UP” for containers with liquids.
- Identify cartons with your last name to assist the driver unloading at destination.