The Wheaton Blog
Your Moving Day Checklist
Moving day has arrived. Now what? We put together a checklist for you so you know exactly what to do on moving day.
- Plan to be at your current home when our movers arrive and throughout the loading of your shipment. If you’re not able to be there, make sure the driver has the name and number of the person you’ve designated to oversee the process.
- Check the condition of your goods as they are inventoried and loaded.
- Make a final tour of your home/property and verify that nothing has been overlooked.
- Sign the Bill of Lading, double-checking that your new address and phone number are correct.
- Lock all doors and windows and turn off all switches.
- Get excited for a new chapter in your new home!