Although the winter months might not be the most appealing time to find and move into a new home, it can be the best time. So why is the winter a good time to move?
Why You Should Move in the Winter
- There are less homes on the market during the winter and sellers are eager to move from their residences
- There are fewer buyers on the market during the winter because more people want to move in the warmer months
- Due to a decrease in volume during the winter, lenders usually have fewer loans to process and less paperwork to process
- Less competition for the buyers
- Due to the slower market, real estate professionals have more time to devote to your search for a new home
- (Sometimes) lenders will forgo certain fees to stay busy in the off-season