National Moving Month
The month of May has come to a close and with it, so has National Moving Month. May signifies the beginning of the moving industry’s busiest season so Wheaton spent the past few weeks posting the best moving tips we could think of.
If you missed any of the tips, don’t worry. Below is a comprehensive list of all of the tips in our blog over the past month. Which one is your favorite?
Wheaton’s National Moving Month Tips
- Use labels.
- Sketch a floor plan.
- Buy a notebook.
- Don’t forget to drain the oil and gas from all power tools.
- Keep your boxes as light as possible.
- Clean your new house upon arrival.
- Take pictures of your electronics before you unhook them.
- Get rid of unwanted items.
- Use towels to stuff any remaining space in boxes.
- Get your pets used to the ideas of a move.
- Change the locks on your new home.
- Save your receipts.
- Mail your collection of books.
- Donate nonperishable food items to a food bank.
- Plan to move appliances