Beginning tomorrow, Wheaton World Wide Moving is hosting its 60th Annual Partnership Conference in Scottsdale, Ariz. at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch. The Thrive 2014 conference will be packed with plenty of informational sessions, award ceremonies and other fun activities. During downtime, Scottsdale and its surrounding areas have plenty offer. Below are some fun facts and attractions you can find in Scottsdale.
- Scottsdale averages 330 days of sun and a temperature of 75 degrees. (According to weather.com there will be a 0% chance rain and in the 80’s on Wed-Sat).
- Popular points of Interest are: Native American and Environmental Learning Center, Hear Mussum, Desert Botanical Garden and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West.
- There are 200 golf courses are located in the city and the surrounding areas.
- The Sonoran Desert, located in and around Scottsdale, is the hottest desert in North America.
- The most popular natural landmarks are Tonto National Forest, McDowell Mountains, Camelback Mountain, Sonoran Desert and Pinnacle Peak Park.
- There are more than 100 art galleries and museums.
- Scottsdale boasts the highest number of destination spas per capita than any city in the US.
- The New York Times described downtown Scottsdale as “a desert version of Miami’s South Beach” and as having “plenty of late night partying and a buzzing hotel scene.”
- Scottsdale is home to many high-end corporate retail outlets and independent boutiques. The Scottsdale Fashion Square is nearly 2 million square feet.
- The slogan of Scottsdale is “The West’s Most Western Town”.
- The Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa has a 2.5-acre water playground with 10 swimming pools, sand beach, three story water slide, whirlpool spa and two poolside bars. They also have Spa Avania, jogging paths and bicycle trails.
1. That’s Amore Gelato
2. Café Monarch
3. Franco’s Italian Caffe
4. Eddie V’s Prime Seafood
5. Mastro’s City Hall
6. Takeda Thai by Moulay
7. Citizen Public House
8. Ocean Trail
9. Cornish Pasty Co.
10. New York’s Best Italian Bistro
If you are attending conference, please make sure to tag #Thrive2014 when posting photos on social media.
Even if you are not attending, stay up to date on conference happenings with the Wheaton Facebook and Twitter pages for updates throughout the conference, including the announcements of Agent and Drivers of the Year on Thursday.