Storing some or most of your belongings during a move is a smart investment because it can simplify the already-overwhelming moving process. What type of storage you need depends on your reason for needing it in the first place. Keep reading to learn more about your storage options!
How can a storage unit help with my move?
A storage unit is a great way to reduce your moving day stress because it allows you to:
- Keep your valuable items safe. By moving your expensive items into a storage unit, they’ll be out of the way on moving day.
- Ease into your new home. With a storage unit, you can slowly move your items into your new home instead of doing it all at once.
- Keep your belongings organized. If you have items you don’t want getting mixed up during the move, a storage unit is a great way to keep your things separated.
What type of storage do I need for my move?
There are many types of storage options on the market, so it can be difficult to figure out which one is best for you. Some of your storage options include, but are not limited to:
- Portable storage is an easy and efficient way to store your items. Choose a date for your storage container to be dropped off, fill it up and then schedule a pick-up!
- Indoor storage is a space that you rent inside of a storage facility. This is a great option when you require weather protection.
- Outdoor storage is similar to indoor units, except you will have drive-up ability. This is a good option if you have larger items that are difficult to carry.
- Specialty storage is a good choice when you have items with specific needs like size and climate control.
What storage services does Wheaton offer?
Wheaton’s storage facilities are designed to be the best in the industry. We offer a variety of moving and storage options to fit your specific situation.
Wheaton World Wide Moving provides a storage-in-transit service. In the middle of your move, we will keep your possessions safe and secure in one of our excellent facilities for up to 180 days. When you’re ready to receive your items at your new home, let your Wheaton agent know, and we’ll deliver them in pristine condition! Even if your move is delayed, we’ll work with you to provide new moving and storage services to match your needs.
This type of storage service is perfect for those moving across the country. A cross-country move can take more time than anticipated; with our storage-in-transit services you won’t have to rush through unpacking your valuable belongings, or worse, leaving them in an unsecured location.
Is your home too small for all your belongings? Are you looking to store certain delicate items somewhere the kids can’t find them? Then Wheaton’s long- and short-term storage unit services may be perfect for you.
Stored with us, your belongings will be kept in a secure facility that is regularly monitored. When you want your items returned, simply give us a 24-hour notice, and you’ll receive your items back. We will take care of your belongings for as long as you need, whether it’s for a month or several years.
Ready to get started with storage for your move? Get in touch with Wheaton today! No matter where you live or where you’re moving, let us take care of you and your property with the respect and quality services you deserve.