COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
Moving safely during the COVID-19 outbreak
As an essential service, your local moving agent is still in operation to serve you. That being said, our priority at Wheaton is the health and safety of our employees and customers. That’s why we are taking extra precautions to help limit the spread of the virus, including:
- Providing virtual estimates through your participating local agent to minimize outside individuals in your home.
- Greeting you with smiles rather than handshakes to limit contact to protect against the spread of germs.
- During the packing and loading process, we ask that you allow our crew access to a sink and soap for frequent hand washing.
- Selling and providing new boxes and packing materials to limit the spread of germs from used boxes.
- Following current conditions as they relate to COVID-19 in terms of our crew wearing personal protective equipment (PPE)
- As of July 14, 2021, to the extent that it is acceptable to our customers and complies with state and local laws, drivers and crew members may forego the wearing of facemasks.
- We recommend advance communication with the customer to ensure clarity from the outset.
- If a customer’s consent is contingent upon proof of vaccination, our drivers and crew will produce their COVID-19 vaccination record cards.
- Wheaton still requires facemasks if that is what the customer requests.
- For all Military shipments, masks still must be worn inside the customer’s residence, including the drivers and crew as well as the customer and their family. If drivers and crew are fully vaccinated and can show proof, they may take off their masks outside the home per state and local guidelines. If drivers and crew are not fully vaccinated, they must always wear a mask.
Wheaton can accommodate your moving schedule
If anyone in your household may have contracted the virus or you are self-isolating, please contact your local moving agent. We will make every effort to accommodate your schedule.
Get a virtual moving quote
Moving during the COVID-19 pandemic? Get a virtual moving quote! Learn more about our alternative survey options to make your move as safe as possible.