Here’s a partial list of companies you should contact before moving:
- Notify telephone, electric, gas and water companies. Use Wheaton’s helpful Utility Connection Center to disconnect and reconnect many of your utilities. Visit www.wheatonworldwide.lndo.site.
- Discontinue service with your cable company and local newspapers.
- Change your magazine subscriptions.
- Cancel the security company, lawn service or any other type of regular service.
- Advise your post office of your new address in advance of moving.
- Contact your dentist and doctor to have medical records transferred to your new location.
- Gym memberships and other organizations may reimburse or pro-rate your account for pre-paid services.
Save time, money and headaches by accounting for the small details.